Looking for a new perspective on life? Try throwing yourself from a plane at thousands of feet above the ground. Yeah, it’ll be like that feeling of free fall you have just before you wake up from a bad dream, only in real life. The good news is that skydiving is pretty accessible wherever you are, but if you’re looking to get your kicks over some unique turf, check out our list of 5 of the world’s most sensational places to skydive.
1. Buenos Aires, Argentina. If you’ve ever been on the fence about skydiving and want to wean yourself into the experience before going too extreme, Buenos Aires is the place to be. At 10,000 feet in altitude, the drop is short and sweet, but totally worth the experience. After you freefall for a hot 30 seconds or so, you’ll glide for 5 minutes as you enjoy the gorgeous Pampas countryside.
2. Oahu, Hawaii. To call skydiving over Hawaii thrilling would be such a severe understatement that it’s practically a criminal offense. From 14,000 feet above the ground, you’ll plummet at a speed of 120 mph as the cerulean waters of the Pacific threaten to pull you in. You get a view of almost the entire island, and the whole shebang will cost you less than $200. Talk about affordable.
3. Taupo, New Zealand. Home of New Zealand’s largest lake, Taupo offers world-class skydiving sites and a super diverse landscape that only makes the drop all the more breathtaking. Snow-capped mountains, a gorgeous blue lake, and rolling emerald fields make Taupo the ultimate place to drop if you’re a sucker for Mother Nature.
4. Interlaken, Switzerland. Is there a more stunning sight than the frosty peaks and valleys of the Swiss Alps? When you drop from Interlaken, you’ll get to gaze at those epic Alps. Just don’t get so absorbed in the spectacular views that you forget to open your chute.
5. Santa Barbara, California. With a drop from 18,000 feet, no other place on the continent offers a higher skydiving experience that Santa Barbara. As you freefall for 90 of the most blood-tingling seconds of your life, the California coast line will be spread out before you, and you’ll see nothing but while sand, the blue Pacific, and a whole lot of sunshine while you conquer this feat.