Where it comes from matters

We’re proud to say sustainability is more than a buzzword to us. We know the earth isn’t an endless resource here for the taking, and we’re continually taking steps to ensure we keep an eye on our ecological footprint. That means partnering with factories that have taken efforts to go green, and we don’t just mean by recycling errant water bottles. We’re talking using wind turbines to produce the energy that powers our machines. Employing reverse osmosis so that the water used in our fabric dying process can be reused. Because our relationship with Mother Nature is our most important
one— and we want to make sure we do right by her.

Learn more about each process below!

Paying it Forward

To prove we practice what we preach, we’re committed to
planting a tree for every order placed on our site with American Forests. If we’re growing, we want to help the earth grow too.
Why reforestation?
* Though the US makes up less than 5% of the world’s
population, we consume more than 30% of the world’s paper
* 80% of the world’s forests have already been destroyed,
and 80,000 acres disappear each day
* 15% of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of
In other words, our forests are rapidly disappearing. We
want to do our part to bring them back.
Learn more about American Forests

Wind Turbines

The 2 wind turbines owned by the factory produce about 5.5 million kilowatts each, while the factory in total only uses about 4.5 million kilowatts a year. The excess 6.5 million kilowatts are used to power the nearby city.

Recycling Water With Reverse Osmosis

Our factory uses a process called reverse osmosis, which helps recycle 94% of the estimated 800,000 daily liters of water used during the fabric dying process.

The dyed water is sent to a giant tank filled with lyme which is responsible for removing the color from the dyed water. The colored water is then sent to a tank with harmless bacteria that consumes all the dyed particles in the water. Then the water is sent through a filter and to a collection tank to drain out the salt and bacteria. The excess salt from the water can be reused for fabric dying. From there the water is sent to a membrane tank for further filtering. 96% of the water is then clean and ready to be reused! The remaining 4% is sent to the evaporator for extracting the salt. We can retrieve half of that for reusable water. The balance of the highly concentrated water will go to the solar pan and with good sunlight conditions, the water will evaporate within 10 days and the factory is left with sand that is sent to a nearby cement factory.

Invest In the Planet with Every Online Purchase

Checkout & pay with the SHOP PAY app. SHOP PAY funds multiple projects that remove carbon from the air on your behalf! Shop guilt free & feel better about your environmental impact because we’ve got your back.
Learn More Here